You guys. It’s been SO long. And guess what? I have 99 reasons why I haven’t blogged in 6 months. They range from WE BOUGHT A NEW HOUSE to I stubbed my toe. All excuses are true, but unfortunately they are just that. Excuses. Speaking of the new house, do you want to see a picture of it? Ok good, ’cause here it is.
I like to think of it as “a diamond in the rough.” It’s little gem that may or may not need a bit of polishing. And some landscaping. And some gutters. Here are some fun facts about our new house:
- It has 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths
- It’s 10 miles from my work and 4 miles from Chris’s
- The neighborhood is about 40 years old and it’s quiet and quaint and perfect
- And the best for last…. It has 4 peach trees, 1 blooming pear tree, 1 nectarine tree and 2 figs!!!
Here’s a shot of the inside
That’s Tipsey, mid-yawn. She probably just woke up from a nap.
This is a picture of our living area. It’s got a TON of natural sunlight, which makes for PERFECT food photography. In fact, we’ve got a lot of natural sunlight in pretty much the entire house. We’ve also done a lot of work to it since we made the purchase. And when I say we’ve done a ton of work, I mean Chris has done a ton of work. A few things include ripping out the wet bar and turning it into an entertainment center, installing a dishwasher and an above-stove microwave, building a motorized gate for the driveway, painting and then more painting. Because before we painted it looked like this.
I didn’t love this color because it reminded me too much of boogers. Oh, and we found the old paint cans in the garage. The name of the paint color was “Swamp Water Green.” I kid you not; I couldn’t make that up. Who paints their house Swamp Water Green? I did the majority of the painting with some help from a few kind folks (thanks mom and dad!) It took approximately 1.75 years. Or maybe it was 3 weeks. I can’t remember.
we Chris is knee deep in project “install a bathtub.” Because for some reason our house didn’t have one. Weird.
And just in case you were curious about some of my other excuses as to why I haven’t blogged in 6 months, here’s a sneak peek at just a few:
- We bought a house, moved and unpacked. For months.
- A squirrel ate ALL of my pears. I was devastated and it took several weeks for me to get over this event.
- I cut all of my hair off. This was also very devastating
- My laptop’s hard drive crashed
- We had a housewarming party
lostmisplaced my memory card for my camera in the move (SHHH don’t tell Chris!)
- I painted the house. And painted. And painted more. And then I was done… but I wasn’t really done.
- Our good friends also bought a house… with a pool.
- I went on a trip to see my best friend in Colorado
- Chris raced motorcycles and I watched. He’s fast. It scares me.
I promise to blog more. I’ve got some GREAT recipes coming up and I’m super excited to
eat share them with you! Stay tuned!